Saturday, June 2, 2007

More rain


Poured on Thursday night, and the thunder sounded like bombs going off! It was breezy this afternoon, became suddenly cloudy and rained again, although not as long, nor with quite as much drama as Thursday night. But looks like the monsoon is here. It may be early, but not a moment too soon, as far as I'm concerned. The weather had become quite unbearable.

Well, usually it stays cloudy in the rainy season, so rainbows are not that common. I guess it's more common to see them in the countryside, on the way to Lonavla or Goa, or something. But if there were one over Mumbai, I doubt anyone would notice, because of smog, hurrying along, being holed up in an office, or ugly buildings in the way. So I thought I'd link this rainbow site and dream about what could be....

Photo: From Mid-Day, but I found it on this blog.

No comments: